The annual girls’ holiday is always a highlight of the year. You might think that you’ve already found the perfect destination — maybe it’s the place that you visit year after year. But, there is a host of cities and beaches out there that are ideal for a holiday with your best friends. Not sure where to go? Check out this guide to the top ten places to add to your girls’ holiday bucket list by QUIZ, retailers of :
All the celebs love Miami. Aside from endless beaches and art-deco inspired buildings, what else is there for you and your gal pals to do on the coast of south Florida?
- Your first step is the pool party. Check if there are any events on at the National Hotel which is host to Miami’s longest infinity pool.
- Then, go to Bayside Marketplace for retail therapy with your friends. Situated around the marinas at Biscayne Bay, this open-air mall is a great way to keep cool while trying on clothes and there’s often live music played from the main stage, too.
- There’s also plenty of celeb-spotting to do. Board the 90-minute boat trip that takes you through Biscayne Bay, narrated by someone who will point out the homes of the stars (cocktails available too).
- Sunny Isles beach is perfect for a day on the sand in your fave with your closest friends. Or, head to Haulover Beach — the only nudist beach in Miami — to catch some rays without the tan lines.
The Moroccan city of Marrakech is a paradise. Well-known for its rich culture and stunning palaces, there’s so much to do and explore when you’re here.
- Make sure you have enough baggage allowance if you’re going to Marrakech. You could spend hours in the souks, exploring the crafted clothes, bags, accessories and spices. It’s unlike any shopping trip you would’ve had with the girls before.
- Away from Jemaa el-Fnaa, there’s a fantastic restaurant called le Jardin. This is complete with indoor greenery, live music and serves Moroccan classics like tagines and authentic lamb dishes. Fancy chilling at the coast? You can take the bus to the seaside city of Essaouira. Scour the local shops and enjoy lunch in one of the quaint side streets.
This Spanish city is the ideal unison of city and coastal. You can take a 30-minute walk from the shopping centre, El Corte Ingles, to the paella restaurants on the beachfront. Catch up with the girls over a glass of sangria and soak up the culture.
- Of course, go and see the Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell, then after, visit a few rooftop bars! One with a great view is the 1881 per SAGARDI bar, which is situated at the top of the History Museum of Catalonia and overlooks the marina. It’s a place for fine dining before the in-house DJ begins early evening in your brand new .
- Have a bite to eat at Carmel del Bunkers. This used to be bunkers during the Spanish Civil War and now overlooks the entire city. Take a blanket up here, some food and drink and enjoy the sunset with your friends.
Bali is an exotic Eden. It’s also a great place to get away with the girls and relax on beaches like no other.
- There’s a little bit of everything for everyone in Bali. Why not try a yoga retreat? Head for the Yoga Barn which is one of the most famous retreats on the island, located in Ubud. Here, there is a range of programmes for all abilities and lengths — find one that you can all enjoy together.
- For more activity, try Seminyak — a party destination. There is a strip of bars, cafes and restaurants — even some with bean bags on the beach so you can enjoy a drink while the sun goes down.
Whether you’re going for the mad parties or the cool vibe, you’ll love Ibiza.
- When the sun goes down, Café Mumbo is the place to be. You’ve probably seen the videos and heard all about it, but visitors say it’s an unforgettable experience. Once a smaller venue situated on Ibiza’s sunset strip, it’s now one of the most famous venues on the island — host to the biggest DJs in the world.
- Partying all week can get tiring, so retreat to San Antonio for relaxation. You can wander the cobbled streets and be rewarded with some memorable panoramic views of the island before chilling out in one of the well-loved restaurants.
Glamorous and fun, Marbella is every girl’s dream destination. It’s similar to Ibiza in that you’re never far from a DJ set, but it’s often thought of as more refined. The locals enjoy going out in Marbella too and there’s an air of luxe surrounding the city.
- Hire your own boat and really see the beauty of this place. Play music, take your own food and soak up the sun.
- Wander around Old Town and then go to Plaza de los Naranjos — full of open-air restaurants, cute terraces and street singers playing local tunes.
The Amalfi coast
A 50-kilometre stretch of land, the Amalfi coast is hugely popular across the globe. Best known for its pretty fishing villages and rugged coastline, it’s a nice place to soak up sunshine with your good friends.
- All the villages here deliver a uniqueness. From the cathedral in Sorrento to the picturesque town of Positano — each place is unique. Try and visit a few of them, if you can, to make the most of coastal trip.
- Of course, you can’t fly here without seeing Amalfi — the main town. It’s the busiest town if you’re looking for hustle and bustle and the restaurants here offer amazing Italian dishes that you’d struggle to enjoy anywhere else.
Everyone’s seen the incredible images of a serene, hilly landscape and whitewashed buildings with bright-blue roofs — that’s Santorini. It’s become more of a tourist destination in recent years and it’s clear to see why. The island is an ideal destination to go with your girlfriends, especially if you’re looking to chill out and soak up the Greek heat.
- Love wine? Try the 18-wine tasting flight by Santo Winery. Go in the late afternoon to watch the sun dip below the horizon. In fact, the sunset here has been voted the most famous in the world by some. There are certain spots where it looks its best, so sit back and enjoy with your pals.
Futuristic buildings, amazing bars and amazing shopping, Dubai is the ultimate city break. But, it’s also home to a lot more than that, including a very lively nightlife scene. Ideal for letting your hair down on a ‘girls getaway’.
- You simply have to go to the Burj Khalifa. At the observation deck, you can see astounding panoramic views of the city unlike anything you’ve seen before. Have a drink at the atmosphere bar too — located on the 122nd floor.
- The Aquaventure Water Park is another good shout to inject some fun into your holiday. You also have the option to swim with dolphins, sea lions and go scuba diving — a great experience away from the city.
Hungary’s capital city is growing greatly in popularity. A city of quirky bars and restaurants, as well as beautiful architecture, it’s also somewhere that’s full of life with plenty to do.
- Szechenyi Spa and Baths is a really great place to experience the culture of the city — a ‘sparty’ (or spa party)! You can visit during the day too but on a Saturday, during the summer, it turns into a giant pool party.
- Budapest is famous for its ‘ruin pubs’ — otherwise known as old buildings that have been turned into pubs for modern crowds. A lot of them are based in the Jewish Quarter and it’s worth doing a mini pub crawl around these for drinking spots like no other. They offer a memorable and lively atmosphere.
Any of the above jump out at you? Of course, it all depends on what sort of thing you’re after but choosing a girls’ holiday destination that has a mixture of vibes and things to do is always a good idea.